At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Respect, Science, Courage and Collaboration and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
We are seeking a candidate to join our newly established R&D team in South San Francisco as an experienced Scientist I in the T Cell Rejuvenation team. The ideal candidate will play a principal role in developing a platform of lipid nanoparticle (LNP) based T cell reprogramming.
- Design and conduct complex experiments independently with scientific rationale.
- Critically analyze experiments and interpret complex data drawing appropriate conclusions.
- Creative thinking to improve the efficiency of current experiments and assays.
- Communicate and discuss results with other scientists.
- Represent Lyell externally through presentations at key National / International meetings, interactions with our key investigators.
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture.
- The ideal candidate will have direct hands-on experience in LNP technologies.
- Strong cell/molecular biology knowledge and experience.
- Relevant experience and expertise in iPSC technology will be considered a plus.
- Consistent record of innovative contributions to LNP technologies or cellular reprogramming as evidenced by first authored publications in top-tier journals and patent inventorship.
- Degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, immunology or related field.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong experience with general cell culture work (culture, expansion, media formulations, passaging, preservation, co-culture systems).
- Extensive experience with flow cytometry assays and analysis; more complex analysis and cell sorting experience a plus
- Extensive experience with molecular biology protocols (i.e. PCR, Western, RT-PCR, qPCR, design vector); more complex experience and design a plus
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.”
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.