At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Science, Respect, Collaboration and Courage and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
The incumbent is responsible for activities related to the organizations external partnering strategy and understanding of the market landscape. The incumbent will develop our intelligence on the market landscape and competitors at high levels as well as through detailed scientific and product profile analyses.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the Business development team in the evaluation, coordination and implementation of third party collaborations and licensing.
• Support development of CDAs, MTAs, term sheets, collaboration agreements, etc. and related structuring and due diligence.
• Perform evaluations of technologies and companies to assess for fit for company strategies and needs.
• Work cross functionally with Legal, IP, Alliance Management, Finance and Research/Development teams to execute the business development strategy and goals.
• Support third party negotiations and relationship building.
• Coordinate meetings, follow ups, and track progress.
• Lead the design and implementation of our competitive intelligence plan to collect, synthesize and communicate competitive and environment insights to support program and corporate strategies.
• Proactively synthesize and distribute competitive intelligence insights to teams and management to inform as well as to support decision-making.
• Monitor and collect market information from news sources and business intelligence tools and perform company specific due diligence. Set up automated feeds to curate outputs as appropriate.
• Track and attend major medical and scientific conferences. Collate and facilitate coverage of agenda, materials, key take-aways, and organize report-outs to teams.
• Participate on cross functional teams to provide competitive intelligence support and insights and identify business implications for our clinical programs and the company.
Interface with research, development, corporate communications, new product planning, and business/legal functions.
• Perform deep diligence on direct competitors and their products including product profile analyses and tracking key catalysts.
• Perform market research and modeling basic market analysis and forecasting activities.
● MD or PhD with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in cell biology, oncology or a medical immunology related field
● Minimum 3-6 years working experience, preferably in a competitive intelligence analyst or manager role in consulting or oncology therapeutics company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Familiarity in a wide variety of market and scientific information sources and ability to synthesize into effective tracking databases, reports, or other fit-for-purposes outputs.
• Technically fluent in scientific and clinical concepts, data interpretation, and prioritization of ideas. Deep capability to read and interpret scientific literature and publications.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and get the “big picture”, and clearly communicate complex concepts.
• Articulate, excellent communicator written and verbal, can interface effectively with both lay and technical colleagues
• Ability to work independently in entrepreneurial, dynamic, fast-paced environments.
• Proven strength with team interaction, collaboration, and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and come up with solutions or options for discussion.
• Resourceful; technologically savvy and can think creatively about how to utilize technology to gather and distribute information effectively.
• Very detail oriented and motivated to produce high quality work.
• Has a learning mindset and a curious disposition.
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.”
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.