Do the best work of your life and enjoy it.
Scientist I, Metabolism
Lyell Immunopharma is seeking a qualified candidate to join our newly established R&D center in South San Francisco and Seattle as an experienced Scientist II in the T cell rejuvenation team. The ideal candidate will play a principal role in developing culture conditions for our rejuvenated T cells.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The design and development of new protocols to test hypotheses
- Think creatively to solve problems and develop new technology in a collaborative, team environment
- Analyze/interpret results and effectively communicate them to other scientists on the team
- Responsible for the completion of research, experiments, and assignments that have an impact on functional/technical goals
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture
- Responsible for mentoring and possibly managing associates
- Involvement in steering the scientific direction of external collaborations
- Expansive experience with stem cell biology and/or metabolism
- Consistent record of innovative contributions to stem cell biology and/or energy metabolism, as evidenced by first / senior-authored publications in top-tier journals and patent inventorship.
- Strong cell/molecular biology knowledge and experience.
- Strong experience with pluripotent or somatic stem cell culture work (culture, expansion, media formulations, passaging, preservation) will be considered as a plus.
- Degree in energy metabolism, metabolism of stem cells (or cancer cells), stem cell biology, or related field. MS will be considered for the position accordingly with their professional experience.
- Deep knowledge in several biologic fields: energy metabolism, stem cell metabolism, stem cell biology, and cellular reprogramming.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong experience with general cell culture work (culture, expansion, media formulations, passaging, preservation).
- Extensive experience in flow cytometry assays and analysis; more complex analysis and cell sorting experience a plus
- Proven hands-on experience with cellular metabolism using a variety of readout technologies (i.e. quantifying OCR, mitochondrial respiration, glycolytic activity, substrate oxidation, and metabolic switching)
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.