Do the best work of your life and enjoy it.
Senior Research Associate, InVivo Pharmacology
We are seeking an experienced Research Associate to join our In Vivo Pharmacology team in Pathology & Nonclinical Development. The group’s mission is to evaluate the efficacy, mechanism, and safety of our novel T-cell therapy candidates in vivo pharmacology studies using various mouse models, providing excellence and support to the Lyell Research groups and to our development pipeline projects. This position will play a key role in setting up, executing, and reporting our in vivo pharmacology studies, and collaborating with scientists across Lyell.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of highly functioning in vivo and ex vivo labs, working with the other members of the In Vivo Pharmacology group and other cross-functional scientists.
- Proficient in basic animal handling, including necropsy and organ/tumor sample collection.
- Setup and execution of in vivo studies using xenograft and syngeneic mouse models of solid tumors including animal preparation/surgery, tumor implantation (s.c., i.p., or orthotopic), preparation and dosing of therapeutic human T cells and other agents via various routes of administration, tracking of tumor growth by caliper measurements, collection of blood and tumor samples, and monitoring of animal health.
- Ex vivo study responsibilities include cell culture, collection and processing of organs and tumor samples for immunological and pathological analysis
- Collection, entry, analysis of study data , and presentation to project teams
- Generation and maintenance of electronic lab notebook (ELN) reports, including basic statistical data analysis.
- BSc in biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, oncology, or related field with minimum 7 years experience within the area of focus OR
- MSc in biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, oncology, or related field with minimum 5 years experience within the area of focus
- Proficient in executing various xenograft and syngeneic tumor models using immunocompromised (NSG-MHC-dKO) and immune-competent mice with adoptive T cells
- Proficient with mammalian cell culture techniques such as cell line passaging, cryopreservation and cell thawing, and cell counting
- Experience with complex flow cytometry assays and analysis
- Experience with live animal imaging modalities (eg., bioluminescence/fluorescence, micro-CT)
- Experience in data production and report writing for external publications and regulatory filings
- Experience using and analyzing common immunology and oncology related to the specific project; cell therapy experience is ideal, more complex experience a plus
- Proficient in sterile tissue culture technique and experience working with human cells
- Additional specific experience related to the area of focus may be required
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.